Monday, March 13, 2006

This morning I woke up with bluebirds singing on my windowsill, coffee brewing itself in my kitchen, the very sun himself smiling in my general direction and then Ya-Ya came in with a disgusting, hairy, bloodthirsty, disease-carrying, sharp-toothed tick burrowed down beneath the flesh of her chest. Delta tried to smother it with Vaseline (don't do it. It's a wives tale) but that hungry little sucker wouldn't let go. Ghosthunter told us to stick it with a red hot pin. Ya-Ya's history of panicked flailing vetoed that idea. Finally, we had to go for the good old fashioned counter-clockwise twist. By we I mean Delta. I was busy dry-heaving in the toilet. Anyway, that tick kept a chunk of Ya-Ya with him, and she's got a bit of a rash so tomorrow morning she gets to skip school and go see the doctor.

2 comments:

P.H. said...

I hope all goes well for ya-Ya at the Drs.

Idiot Cook said...

Eh gad. I second that.