Friday, November 25, 2005

Recap and Discovery of New Species

Thanksgiving at the Asylum was, in a word, GREAT!! I'd rank this at one of the, if not the best in a long time. I only set one fire, very early. But I like to think of that as tradition. Kind of a T-Day kickoff. It's not really Thanksgiving until the smoke detectors go off, and besides, creole turkey is tres chic.

Everyone got along great. There were no pissing contests, no hurt feelings, no crying and the night did not end in vomit. Perfection.

Today we took my MIL to Honeypot in Stow because she loves it there. After we'd had some cider and donuts and apples we went to weave our way in and out of the early Christmas trees over to the animals. We fed the demonic goats, the roosters, the bunnies and the .... Hmm. What was that animal? It was a bird, black feathered and web toed like a duck, the size of a turkey yet it had a crown like a rooster. Very ugly creature indeed. I've tried to find a picture of it on the net but I can't. If you google "ugly goose" that's about as close as I can guide you. It wasn't till I was leaving that I realized what we had seen. A real live turducken.

1 comment:

P.H. said...

Turduken... on hoof. A good thing.

Even so, we had a great time stuffing that chicken inside the duck and then putting that duck in the turkey.