Monday, October 02, 2006

Anniversary

I started this blog a year ago yesterday. I had just turned 29. The numbers 3-0 are just starting to sink in now. I am in a new demographic. I am in a new decade. People younger than me can no longer trust me. But that's just fine, I don't care. The thirties is where all the cool kids are.

I had such a great birthday. I was still over at CeeBee W.'s when my new year began with WiccanChick and AngryLittleBitch. Then I came home and Delta let me sleep till exactly 10:03. I haven't done that since before Ya-Ya was born! Then I got an iPod and a coupon for a facial (and now that I know the types of things you Sat Nite Jammers talk about...NOPE)and all kinds of little goodies and Tiarra made me a basket FULL of all my favorite things. We went up to the mad Greek's in-law's vineyard and we were too late to work but not too late to enjoy some homemade Grappa (anisette and almond). Then we came home and I had all KINDS of messages on the machine and even some singing and some emails and I got on AngryLittleBitch's blog AND CeeBeeW's. Then we went out to dinner with Mom and Superdad and I got all kinds of presents and they sang to me and at then I got a backrub and put German lessons on my iPod...~sigh~ this was a GREAT way to usher in the next era.

And I have to say...I met my goals for 29. Now I need NEW goals for 30. I think one of them will be to be nicer to people. And be healthier. AND finish my draft.

This officially concludes my birthday celebration and the accompanying ramble. Peace.

3 comments:

P.H. said...

"The thirties is where all the cool kids are."

These are words to live by.

Idiot Cook said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG MAMA!!!!!!!!!!

And you DID make your goals, one of which was to be published before the big 3-0, which you did and then some!!!

Yes, finish the darn draft. I want to read it.

We Niblets need a birthday list. I shall start one on the forum.

Ms. Zuba said...

Hey now,
Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope to have half as an exciting day as you've had, when I usher in 31 in two more days.

Have a piece of cake for me!