Monday, April 03, 2006

I've been dirty all weekend. Not because I went to that sex toy party either. Since I have been retaining all available moisture this past week, the earth has been dry and dusty. Coating my eyeballs and nostrils and teeth, mixing with sweat and thatch and garden debris until eventually I became the Swamp Thing pushing a wheelbarrow. But boy was I glad to be a big scary monster when the tumbleweeds rolled across the path and Clint Eastwood peeked out from behind the compost pile. Not even the High Plains Drifter wants to take on Nessie the Swamp Monster. But all that is in the past now. I'm happy to announce that it is raining. Now all my hard work transplanting and regular planting and agonizing over the tender little baby grasses we planted last year will be for good reason.

1 comment:

Idiot Cook said...

Nice imagery, Swamp Thang.

Can't wait to see the yard. Did you cover up the Ford Falcons? :)