Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Get By

With a little help from my friends...

Today was AWESOME. And I didn't even take any codeine yet. First, we went to Ya-Ya's recorder recital at the school. Before the concert, we got to go into the classroom and look at the stuff. I love Ya-Ya's teacher so much because she finds ways to be whole and caring and creative under the rigid MCAS thumb. I judge teachers by how their classroom makes me feel. Mrs. Ya-Ya-Teacher's classroom makes me feel like staying.

Then, the recital kicked ass. Those guys are so damn cute when they are all synchronized and clapping their hands and staring earnestly at their sheet music. They are so young, not yet fired in the kiln of life and their eyes reflect this innocent excitement, this sweet pride in their musical accomplishment. They are so happy, it makes you cry.

After the recital, OHM and I went out for coffee. Then I went to PTCakes house for a little while. She gave me this beautiful framed picture of some roses Delta gave me a while back. I came home and found two wonderful hand made mugs from BeeDee, then Tiara came over (and reminded me that my veins suck) and she looked over our 401K and helped me understand it. I pretended that I did. Then CeeBeeW. came over and chatted for a little bit and then SanDeeRay came over and then we played outside with JLo, then we went to ElEn's house and saw all the gorgeous things she's done, and now I'm ready for bed. I'll tell you, I am so LUCKY to be surrounded by these people. You know you've accomplished something when all your friends are beautiful, smart, talented, kind...Man. I can't even believe how lucky I am.

3 comments:

P.H. said...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It's not the money in our pockets that makes us rich. It's the friendships in our heart. Life is good.

So glad you came by yesterday. It was a pearl of a visit.

Anonymous said...

love "not yet fired in the kiln of life"

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember a very articulate womam tell me one fine day... "I'm surrounding myself with positive people".. I adopted that philosophy and I've surrounded myself with you!