Monday, May 15, 2006

I LOVE MY

Dentist!
It all started a few weeks ago with a vague sense of unease. I felt like something was wrong with me. I ran the usual barrage of litmus tests: mad at Delta? check. Mad at paternal figure? check. But new "mad at's" and "Guilty of's" began creeping into the boundaries of my conscious. I thought maybe lupus or congenital heart failure. Then last week I had this dream that my bottom right row of teeth fell out. That sucked. I woke up and thought for sure they were loose. I checked my dream dictionary, which only added to my confusion. None of that made sense. Then yesterday, my tooth started to ache. Really bad. When I woke up this morning I felt like my head might, at any time, explode. I called my dentist and begged for help. He brought me in, asked me when I had chipped my tooth, (I had no idea) why I had not come in to have it fixed, (because I didn't know) and recommended a root canal. When I asked him if a root canal would hurt, he said, "You tell me, I'm halfway done." And no! It doesn't hurt! As a matter of fact, it feels great! I love novicaine! I love the dentist! I love root canals! I love Tylenol with Codeine! Hooray dentistry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was able to be part of the "Love" experience today. Now easy with the tylenol with codeine!

OHM

P.H. said...

Thanks for clearing up my dream issues. I've been dreaming about missing my left leg. I'll be careful walking about from now on. But the falling in love with the otho. doc. might be nice. Something to ponder...

Idiot Cook said...

Well. This explains your wild frenzied comment on my blog. You're hopped up on drugs.

Anonymous said...

Iggy and I look forward to going to our dentist because she's so nice -- and also we typically reward ourselves with a nice restaurant lunch afterwards.

My first & only root canal didn't hurt either.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»