Friday, December 30, 2005

Days of Wonder

Some strange things have been going on.

First of all, Delta hOtel read my blog. This is unusual because Delta Hotel dislikes reading so much that often he will clench his eyes shut while driving on the interstate to avoid accidentally reading the road signs. This is why we sometimes end up in Canada. Just kidding. However, I can only say nice things about Delta Hotel now that he knows how to find this blog. Delta says I am not allowed to talk about his "business" anymore because it belongs to him and he said so. That's actually fine by me, I'm tired of it anyway.

You might remember back in October when somebody stealthily crept up to my big orange pumpkin and painted it all black except for the letters B-O-O. That was the first incident in a string of unsolved curiosities.

The other day somebody who goes by the name "Dr. Jekyll" commented on an entry. Usually I can figure out who people are...but I have asked everyone I can think of and no one will admit to being Dr. Jekyll. Who are you Doctor of Mystery??? COme forth I beseech you!

And lastly, I have been in the trenches of motherhood for over nine years now. I have written, transcribed, helped write and proofread roughly twenty letters to the big man at the North Pole. I would call myself experienced in the art of Santa Letter Writing. Yet today something entirely unprecedented occurred. Santa wrote back. A letter arrived addressed to Ya-Ya in the fanciest most Ben Franklin-est hand writing I've ever seen, postmarked from the freaking North Pole, covered in sparkly little stickers, telling Ya-Ya about the weather, the elves, the reindeer and Mrs. Claus. This was no form letter, someone wrote it! Someone interjected "ho ho ho," from time to time, signed Santa's name, addressed it to Ya-Ya PERSONALLY and paid 37 cents to deliver it. Can you believe it? There really IS a Santa!!! sigh...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to save that letter. There is nothing more beautiful than someone keeping Santa alive.

Anonymous said...

Life's mysterious gifts are love incarnate.

ptcakes -- from the almost frozen north

Idiot Cook said...

Wow. It's funny that I was just asking you on Thursday night if Delta Hotel ever read your blog.

You're forgetting about your conversation with the eclectic guy in Starbucks...

kris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kris said...

Delta says I am not allowed to talk about his "business" anymore because it belongs to him and he said so."

I'm sorry, but when his "business" affects his wife and children it is no longer soley his, and his wife should be allowed to unburden herself in any manner she chooses.

So there.