Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My little Ya-Ya has a fever of 101. She's my oldest and has the immune system of a sturdy old tank. She never breaks down. I remember when she was little, she had a fever that left her skin dry, hot and a little too robust for any mother's comfort. It was "only" 104, so the emergency room at Camp LeJeune, where we were living at the time, wouldn't admit her. I rememebr how panicked I was that she would erupt into febrile seizures. I'm way more laid back about fevers now. Just this past summer, my temp. raged to 105.7. Looking back, I guess I should have gone to the doctor, but at the time I just kept telling myself brain damage wouldn't kick in till 106. Then I spent the next week seeing shadows of invisible people in all the mirrors.

3 comments:

P.H. said...

Hummmm.... Me thinks coffee is off for tomorrow. I'll swing by to drop something off and then go on my merry way. Hope Ya-Ya feels better soon, real soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope she feels better by now. Don't catch whatever she's got.

sw

Wiccan Chick said...

I hope that YA-ya gets better fast.