Monday, December 05, 2005

Let me explain

I'll start with the moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

As you may know, Delta Hotel has been 180 lbs of walking stress for me lately. It was only natural that I should crave a spa weekend. And it followed that I should plan it, price it, pack for it, so that at a moments notice I could storm out in a fit of anguish and run away. To a spa vacation. In the Berkshires. At Canyon Ranch. OK, not Canyon Ranch because it's like $1200 a night, but another, more austere but way new age place called Kripalu. Anyway.
Delta Hotel's vacillating got my guts all worked up because apparently my gallbladder created a great big pearl of bile, blocked my ducts and pissed of my pancreas. That's the theory. I DID NOT require surgery, though I was assigned 2 personal surgeons who approached me with bloody scalpels and wicked grins.
These are the things that cause gallstones (BLECH) in someone as youthful as myself 1. Lot's of pregnancies 2. Losing weight too fast (yeah right) 3. STRESS I repeat STRESS 4. fatty foods 5. starving yourself to death because Delta Hotel has STRESSED you out 6. Not enough excercise 7. STRESSSSSSSSS I have an appointment with the surgeon tommorow for an upper GI test.
Back to the moral: Don't just be careful what you wish for, BE SPECIFIC. I got my spa vacation. Not quite the one I was looking for, but it was a restful (read drugged) weekend.

I don't know yet what the real problem is, but if you run in to Delta Hotel, make sure and tell him you think STRESS causes gallbladder insult. Why? Because I'm still trying to wheedle a real spa vacation out of the deal.

3 comments:

kris said...

Here's hoping it's just your gallbladder... because that's pretty easy to fix. Ron was in and out the same day... and not because he was sharing a room with a gunshot victim under police survelience.

feel better soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed on that spa vacation for you!

ron wm said...

My surgeons were cool!....they gave me a picture of my gall-bladder before they threw it away!

P.H. said...

My surgeon was cool too. I have pictures of my thyroid tumor; BENIGN! :-)