Thursday, December 22, 2005

I wanted to write yesterday

but before I knew it, the day was over. Har har.

Been some strange days. First the entire premise of my life has been altered by finding out a juicy family secret. Again, I can't tell till my Mammie says it's ok.

Then, I had a dream that a spider bit me on the left shoulder and I went to my friend TeeArr who is supernurse, and she said I was suffering from necrosis. I actually dreamed the freaking word necrosis. When I woke up, my shoulder was killing me so I called TeeArr and said "What in God's name is Necrosis and what sorcery have you performed upon me in my sleep you heathen viper?!" not really, I made that up. I didn't even call her till a few days later, but guess what?? Necrosis means....this whoa. To make it even STRANGER STILL... that night...I FELL DOWN and hurt my left elbow, which turned black (like necrosis - AHA) and then my shoulder hurt. So, if you can connect the dots like I can, you now realize that I predicted the future and am , beyond the shadow of a doubt, psychic. With a huge psychic vocabulary.

Now for the icing. The silky silver icing. My own Christmas miracle. After all this crap from Delta Hotel the past few months about Iraq, and believe me, it was crap.

***DIGRESSION AHEAD - I used every argument you could conceive of to get him to stay, and he refuted every argument with every justification you can imagine. We even went to therapy. Finally, when I realized one of us was gonna have to lose, I ceded. Not because I am a loser (duh, I'm a freaking psychic, people) but because out of the two of us, I can deal with losing better than he can. After regressing to my terrible two's for a couple of days, I did my best to soothe him that everything would be fine. A year's just a drop in the bucket. I pledged my unwavering support (with my fingers crossed behind my back) and I assured him we'd be fine. I'd learn how to run the snowblower. I'd figure out how to start the woodstove. I'd refrain from cutting off appendages. (See what I mean about me being a better loser? If he had lost, he'd have been sucking his thumb huddled in the corner of the couch.) -END DIGRESSION ***

Anyway, he went to check back in to his unit today, got all the way to the SgtMaj. That man, the final beating heart between my Delta Hotel and hot desert sand, that blessed savior of an angel Marine told Delta Hotel to go home. Family's more important than that war in Iraq, he said. Can you imagine that? It wasn't meant to be after all. If I had forced him to stay, he'd have resented me. If he'd chosen to stay on his own, he'd have hated himself. I guess you could say a higher power made the final call and that suits me just fine. Serendipity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! great news -- I'm so happy for you!


sw

kris said...

Fuckin' A WoW!
That is totally freaky and great! Now go play the lottery or something... I wanna see what happens next.