Thursday, February 23, 2006

Anniversary

Tonight was our third annual Nibletpalooza. The Niblets is the name of the writing group I belong to, and annual is actually a lie because we loose ourselves amongst society each time a month with an extra Thursday comes along. I guess that probably sounds weird, but what are writers if not eccentric? Tonight we celebrated the groups one year anniversary. That's a pretty big event so I celebrated by falling in love with Guinness. I am not a big drinker. The reason for this is one tequila incident, one major gin incident, one Malibu incident which incidently spoiled all rum , several brown liquor incidents and, most recently, a pinot grigio incident. Oh, and a merlot incident.

The point is, tonight was really fun. Those of you who have known me for a long time know that I have a strange genetic disorder, thanks to my dad. Most people have a filter between their brain and their mouth. I, unfortunately do not. Usually I can reign this problem in, but not tonight. Not long after my Cobb salad appeared, served on something which resembled the Riccola horn, I enlightened my fellow Niblets with a three hour marathon of my minds dribble. Sorry guys. But remember, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Unless you're a lawyer and Dick's your best friend.

3 comments:

P.H. said...

Big Mama -- We love you just the way you are. Don't change even a hair on your head.

Anonymous said...

I had fun last night, too. Enjoyed sitting next to you.

Steve said...

You forgot to mention the face in the foam!