Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Think They Know Something

the rest of us don't know.

By they, I mean the insurance adjusters at Toyota. After I ran over a screw the other day, I drove on a rapidly deflating tire over to our dear friend Rainman's mechanic shop so he could fix it. While I waited (which wasn't long because sweet Rainman dropped everything to plug my tire) I looked over my warranty. I've got a great warranty, and am covered against everything but nuclear warfare and Acts of God. It specifically states that. If we happen to survive both a nuclear attack and the resulting fallout, any damage done to our car just isn't covered. I get that, weird as it is to think about. But, how do they determine the Act of God? Does someone say to me, "I'm sorry Didi, we won't cover that screw in the tire because God put it there?" Imagine, all these billions of spiritual leaders and pilgrims when all along Toyota has the direct line to the Big Man.

1 comment:

P.H. said...

I always knew that Toyota made a superior vehicle. Thank you, now I know why.