Friday, February 10, 2006

My man's website's had a facelift

Now that you know that, maybe you'd like to know that the paranormal extravaganza of this week performed an encore today. I was on the phone with Tiarra talking about the weeks events when all of a sudden, I was talking to no one. Or no one of this realm, I should clarify, since the phone's screen said "Parallel line in use." I have no "parallel lines". I spend half my life calling my home phone from my cell phone or vice versa just so I can find the ones I have. So, I called Tiarra back, having just begun a lengthy explanation of something or another and not being in the mood for interruption, and guess what she said? After we'd become disconnected, she called me back and got a message saying my phone number was not in service. Someone, or someTHING, obviously in a parallel universe, had hijacked my phone to make a call. Talk about rude. I was taking KV's advice, hittin the road, when I heard it squawking from the kitchen window like electronic laughter. The Walkie Talkie I've dubbed Christine.

Tuesday is Valentine's Day. I hope Delta Hotel gets me a spa vacation. I got him some underwear to replace the ones I cut up when he pissed me off during "the decision era". Of course, I already replaced them. He hasn't been going underwearless for the last two months. He just didn't have any peanuts underwear with lucy & snoopy throwing softballs. I'm a sucker for a little "subtle" humor in a pair of boxer shorts.

6 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

The voice coming over the walkie talkie is Ursula. She's been known to reach out to writers in strange ways. In fact, let me translate. When the voice says, "Mom, I'm here. Come get me," it's really your BOOK'S voice--your OTHER child--speaking, saying, "Finish me." The parallel universe is Mom/Writer. When your friend called back, Ursula was just trying to help by having the voice say, "number is out of service," so you could go write. I'll admit it--she does get carried away. But she means well.

I know King V will dismiss all of this. That's part of the reason why Ursula left. The other part has to do with what King V has on HIS underwear. But we won't go there today.

DawnApril said...

Thanks Ursula, but remember what they did to HAL in 2001. All I'm saying is, it's nice to be helpful and encouraging, but it's also dancin' on the line to creepyville.

Steve said...

Don't bother reasoning with her, Dawn. She needs psychiatric attention. She's gone Jack Nicholson in The Shining stark-raving nuts.

All work and no play makes FC a dull girl.

Idiot Cook said...

It's NOT FC who is nuts, dear King. It's Ursula. But she is what she is partly because of...you.

;)

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that "my man" was Delta Hotel, so we could get a sense of how the world looks from his perspective. Would he ever blog?

DawnApril said...

Not a snowballs chance in hell