Friday, October 07, 2005

Come Now....

I came of age during the lifespan of Party of Five, so I'm not entirely convined I can take Jennifer Love Hewitt seriously, but I'm willing to try for The Ghost Whisperer.

During commercials, I want to write about several issues that I find...disturbing.

First of all, I am a bit horrified thinking about this whole quarantine situation. Delta Hotel and I were driving down the street today after a delicious lunch at Eo Noodle when he triggered one of my spontanious soapbox monologues. He said, "I think the quarantine is a good idea." Or something equally as me-irritating, it doesn't really matter. Delta Hotel likes to make believe that he is hard of hearing when I unleash my inner orater so he patiently stared out the window as I explained my fears. What if Beepee, our across the street neighbor, contracted The Bird Flu and we had her over to dinner so we were exposed to it and then the Federalized National Guard came in like storm troopers and took us all to the quarantine camp. What if Delta Hotel was quarantined with all the other Delta Hotels, I was quarantined with all the other women and the kids were taken away to pediatric quarantine? I know I learned something about similar scenarios in history class. Something smacks of internment and....even worse. Now, after reading all that, do you realize that I have succumbed to the clever diversionary tactic of fear??? (See Just a Harmless Observation Part Deux) Curses!

Another thing that's got me kind of freaked out is the fact that legislators in Indiana are attempting to pass a law that puts limitations on who can and can not become a parent. It's called the Unauthorized Reproduction Bill.

The third item on my list is Florida's new Stand Your Ground Bill. Might not want to take the kids to Disney this year, Floridians are armed. Maybe I should ask them to send me Delta Hotel's birthday present.

And lastly, why do I always attempt to lose weight in the fall? When will I learn that in a previous lifetime I was a bear and that all my cells are genetically programmed to enter hyperphasia before winter hits?

So, The Ghost Whisperer was not exactly what I expected. I thought it would be spooky, but it's melodramatic. I like JLH more than I expected to, and I actually got all choked up on the last scene. Mainly because the girl "going into the light" looks a lot like my oldest daughter.

Rating: Guilty Pleasure.

4 comments:

J.p. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DawnApril said...

I deleted my "Blog Spam" because Kris told me to.

kris said...

I didn't tell you too, I simply stated that you could.

Anyone who tells you that you are cool then tries to sell you something is a turd.

DawnApril said...

Ammendment to comment #4

I deleted my blog spam because Kris advised me I could.

:)


Writin' blogs and deleting turds. There's actually a better word that would have fit here, (writin -r - change the t to a p and you have it)