Sunday, October 09, 2005

READ BANNED BOOKS

I just stumbled across the American Library Association webpage, and I discovered that out of the top 100 banned books, 39 are personal favorites. I am not an advocate of banning books or any other moral decision the government wants to make for me. If I wanted to live with my parents for my entire life, I would have.

SO, from now on I am going to make it a point to read banned books and practive every single civil liberty I can. First I must re-read The Constitution. Hmm, come to think of it, I wonder if it's on the ALA list....
.
Top 100 banned books

3 comments:

Wiccan Chick said...

I know that I have read at least as many, if not more as Carrie and find it hard to believe that they would ban "Where's Waldo"(88)...what are they thinking???
Carla

DawnApril said...

They're nuts. I picture a room full of brittle, stodgy, dry-skinned, self-righteous zealots bent on forcing the rest of the world to their fanatical point of view, come hell or high water. In my humble opinion, wherever choice is arbitrarily lanced, the cold gray machine steps in. Margeret Atwood's Handmaid's Tale paints the picture of a world without personal freedom. Maybe that's why it's on the list.

BTW, I don't know why Where's Waldo is on the list wither, but tommorow morning before the rooster crows I'll be finding Waldo and finding out what that naughty little man did so wrong. I'm a little excited.... heh heh heh

kris said...

I think Waldo is on the list because of the naked people on the beach page.

Now everyone go get their copies and look for the nekkid folk!