Friday, October 21, 2005

On a Previous Entry

My make believe German from a previous post has been elliciting some response. I grew up in a German-speaking household and can understand it if it's spoken reeeeeaaaaaaaaal slow, can read a bit but speak very little. However, I'll tell you why you need to love the German language. Next time you need to motivate peoples, particulary small peoples, dogs, terrorists or drivers who feel as though they need to drive eighty miles an hour to get in front of you at the red light by Wal-Greens, holler the following: "Das ist der bahtzimmer und ich murkte ein banana und ein glas weis wein bitte!" I'm telling you, you'll get results. German is a results-motivating language. I'm sure you'll find plenty of uses for that statement. Can you imagine the look on Gee Dubya's face when hearing that line? Wait, scratch that, he's waged war for less. You can yell it at the banker, the police officer, the potential thug, whomever you want. Just don't tell them it means you're in the bathroom and you want a banana and a glass of white wine, please. (I didn't say I was FLUENT for chrissakes.)

2 comments:

kris said...

*snort*
You are too damn funny.
I know one word of German, and I'm not sure how to spell it but here goes: Scheizencopff.

DawnApril said...

shithead